Cardiac nursing is a sub specialty of nursing deals with the patients who suffer from various cardiovascular system conditions and problems.
Cardiac nurses perform various procedures such as stress test evaluations, vascular monitoring, cardiac monitoring, postoperative care on a surgical unit and health assessments.
Cardiac nurses work in different environments, including coronary care units (CCU), intensive care units (ICU), cardiac catheterization, operating theatres, clinical research, cardiac rehabilitation centers, cardiovascular intensive care units, cardiac surgery wards and medical wards.
Cardiac nurses are registered nurses helps to treat multiple conditions of the patients such as unstable angina, coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy, myocardial infarction, congestive heart failure and cardiac dysrhythmia under the direction of a cardiologist.
- Track 1-1. Stress test evaluation
- Track 1-2. Cardiac and vascular monitoring
- Track 1-3. Health assessments
- Track 1-4. Electrocardiogram monitoring
- Track 1-5. Biophysics and systems biology
- Track 1-6. Cardiac electrophysiology
- Track 1-7. Interventional cardiac nurses
- Track 1-8. Management of Acute CVA