Cardiac imaging is a subspecialty of diagnostic radiology, in which cardiac radiologist performs and then interprets medical images to diagnose heart diseases, heart failures, fault in size and shape of the heart and leaky heart valves.
Cardiac (heart) imaging procedures include:
• Coronary catheterization
• Intravascular ultrasound
• Cardiac PET scan
• Cardiac CT scan
• Cardiac MRI
These tests are used to identify the cardiac symptoms, monitor your heart, evaluate and screen for heart failures and clinical management of congenital heart disease.
- Track 1-1. Cardiac MRI
- Track 1-2. Noninvasive cardiac imaging
- Track 1-3. Imaging of coronary atherosclerosis
- Track 1-4. Coronary catheterization
- Track 1-5. Intravascular ultrasound
- Track 1-6. Echocardiogram